Over 50 years of Top Quality Childcare in Dorchester!
- The Dorchester Community Nursery School was created by a group of Dorchester mothers to meet the emerging needs of the community in the 1960s. The Nursery was opened in the Moule Institute, Fordington on 23rd April 1968 by Canon Brooks. Three rooms in the Moule were rented.
- The lease for the land in York Road was signed on 8th November 1968 and work on the site was started the day after. The new Nursery opened its doors to children on 1st May 1969 with a formal opening ceremony by Lady Plowden, JP, on the 21st June 1969.
- In 1996, the Nursery was able to purchase the lease from the County Council, ensuring our place within the community for 125 years.
- The Nursery is registered by OFSTED. In 2004 the Nursery became an Associate Member of the Dorchester Area Schools Partnership.
- Dorchester Community Nursery School were proud to celebrate their 5oth anniversary of the official opening on 21st June 2019 with lots of old friends and parents from the last 50 years.