Dorchester Community Nursery School Fee Payment Information
Sessions – When children start with us at age two and a half years they usually attend in the Afternoons. (There is currently no nursery session on a Thursday Afternoon due to our Toddler Group.) Once settled, there is the option to attend for additional Afternoon sessions and/or some Full Day sessions. Children in their last year before school usually attend in the Mornings and/or some Full Day sessions.
However we try to be as flexible as possible, so please speak to us about your session needs.
Deposit – When you apply for a Nursery place for your child a deposit of £25 will be payable. This deposit will be deducted from your final payment of fees for your child, in the Summer Term before they start school. In the event that your child either doesn’t start with us, or leaves our setting before they are due to go up to school, the deposit will be non-refundable.
Notice – If you wish your child to leave our setting, we ask for you to give us at least four weeks notice in writing. Fees will continue to be payable for either the four week notice period, or up to the end of the half-term, whichever is the shorter period.
Fees – Fees are currently £3.50 per hr. £8.75 Afternoon session (1pm – 1:30pm) £22.75 Full Day session (9.00am-3.30pm), £24.50 Full Day with Early Start (8.30am-3.30pm).
The term after your child’s 3rd birthday they become eligible for up to 15 hours free Nursery Funding.
Once funded, fees increase to £5 per hr, (if free Nursery Funding is used at other providers, or for hours over the 15/30 funded hours).
This equates to £12.50 Afternoon Session (1.00pm-3.30pm), £15 per Morning Session (9.00am-12noon), £2.50 Lunch Club (12noon-12.30pm) or Early Start (8.30am-9.00am), £32.50 Full day (9am-3.30pm), £35 per Full Day with Early Start (8.30am-3.30pm).
Two Year Old Funding – Free Nursery Funding is now also available from when your child starts with us at age two and a half years, if one of the following categories applies to you.
- Family in receipt of Income Support
- Family in receipt of Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Family in receipt of Income Based Employment and Support Allowance
- Family in receipt of Income Based Child Tax Credit, and earn £16,190 or less per year
- Family in receipt of Income Based Working Tax Credit, and earn £16,190 or less per year
- Family in receipt of The Guaranteed element of State Pensions Credit
- Family in receipt of Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
You can apply for two year old funding online at: www.dorsetforyou.com/twoyearolds/apply
If you don’t receive any of the eligible benefits, but your two year old fits one of the following criteria:
- Is looked after by the local authority
- Has left care through special guardianship, adoption or residency order
- Receives a Disability Living Allowance
- Has a current statement of special educational need or a Health and Care plan
In either case you will be issued with a letter of eligibility to bring in to us, so that we can arrange for your two year old funding.
Payment –Where payment to us is applicable, we request that fees are paid monthly. Payment can be made either by bank Standing Order, or by workplace Nursery Childcare Vouchers.
Or if you prefer you can pay the full amount for the year by BACS, on or before your child’s start date with us.
- We will give you all the information needed for you to instruct your bank to pay us by Standing Order, or our Nursery Voucher account details for those who wish to pay using workplace Nursery Childcare Vouchers.
- We will calculate the total fees due for your child for the year, and then work out your regular monthly payment.
- The first payment of fees for your child will be due on the 1st of the month before your child starts with us. So please set up your first payment to go out on this date, followed by a payment every month on the 1st day of the month.
- Your invoice/fee payment advice will show the monthly payment amount. It will also give the date of your first and last fees payment for this school year.
All Nursery Fees are due in advance and are payable even if your child does not attend due to sickness or holiday. Your child will be unable to attend Nursery Sessions, or Early Start and Lunch Club sessions as applicable, until payment has been set up and the first payment received.
In the case of financial difficulty please speak to Helen, Nursery Head or Mel Admin Assistant.